Thursday, August 03, 2006

The Saga Continues
Soundtrack: “Imperial March” by John Williams

Today was my day of reckoning, the day I went to the dentist’s office to get a root canal. And, well, I got half of one. See, the deal is this: when you have an abscessed tooth, that means that the pulp of the tooth are infected. And that means a lot of pus and all sorts of other infected material just sort of stewing in there. That's part of why my mouth freaked out on me last weekend, the infection spread elsewhere. Abscesses are not small potatoes, if you let them go they can wreak havoc with the nervous system and possibly even be life-threatening. So when they cracked my tooth open today, the doctor found that it was still infected enough to prevent him from doing much. So he scooped out some of the rotten crap in the tooth, shoved some cotton down there, and he's going to finish next week to allow the infection to completely clear out. Needless to say, I'm going to be very happy when all of this is over… it's been
an experience, to say the least.

I will leave you with Darth Vader spinning a familiar tune, in a new way…

No comments: