Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Just Press Play

Early on in my blogging career I explained why I gave this blog it's title. It's been several months, though, so I thought I would 'splain it again.

Basically, I can accomplish, achieve, learn, or overcome anything set before me. But, by default I am set to self-destruct mode in order to make things more interesting and challenging. Yes, it as annoying as it sounds. But after much recent reflection and prayer, I have set off the impetus for my success in life by overcoming this self-destruction. As I said before, if I don't think I will be successful at a venture, I will not undertake it. I do not deal with failure well, and I deal with success even worse. I am not sure why. Perhaps I am afraid that by being successful it will mean I will have to give up who I am. Perhaps it is a deep-seeded rebellion against the good protestant work ethic that flows like milk and honey in my family. Heck, maybe it's a combination of short attention span and laziness. I don't know. But what I do know is that I have to overcome the urger to make life harder for myself if I want to get anywhere in life.

1 comment:

Saint Facetious said...

Toph, you piss me off because I know you could be hugely successful if you just put your mind to it. I mean, God did not go short on you when it came to talent. But why don't you ever use it, man? I still await the day that you'll be buying me a beer.