Saturday, November 25, 2006

If I Go Away...

Soundtrack: “In The Arms Of Sleep” by The Smashing Pumpkins

Will anyone notice? I'm sure someone would.

So then, a more pertinent question might be, if I go away will anyone care?

Once again, I'm sure someone would.

So, then, if I go away, would anyone understand? I'm not so sure. But I think I might need to go away for a while.

Let's just say that this week I realized that family is the only thing I have in this world right now. Note that when I say that I mean not just family by blood, but also my extended family of close friends because they are indeed family in my eyes. And yes... they are all I have or even care about in this world. I honestly don't care about anything else. Other than God, but I suppose one could lump Him in there with family as well. It used to hurt to not care, but I don't even care about that anymore. And I have to admit it is just a little scary.

As an addendum, note that I said “go away”, not “die”. Very important difference there so I thought I would clarify.

I feel bad about slacking off on the poetry front. So here's a peace offering... an oldie but goodie that turned into a song.

Compromise

Now I offer up this compromise
Now I offer up this apology
Now I tear it all apart
What would I have done differently

Everything
So there

This is not happening like it should
But isn..t that the way it goes
So much we want to say
What could I have done instead

Everything
So there

So just go ahead
Let..s see what you bleed
Blood or not there will be pain
So we..ll offer up this compromise

And now, triumphant we yell ..Take that!..
But it never seems to help
What would we have done instead
What would we do differently

Everything
So there

So just go ahead
Let..s see what you bleed
Blood or not there will be pain
So we..ll offer up this compromise

No comments: