Monday, October 02, 2006

Killing My Darlings
Soundtrack: “An Eclipsing” by Stavesacre

It's taken me a while, but I had a pretty shocking revelation recently. This revelation is about responsibility mainly, but also entitlement. I realized that I need to focus on how the decisions I make in my life affect me, not how others' decisions play into my life. Because I have no control over the decisions that others make, but I sure as hell have a say in how my own decisions work for me.

In other words, I need to stop shooting myself in the foot.

It's true. I am exceptionally good at self-destruction, and I wasn't sure why up until very recently. It is because I like to make my life as difficult as possible. It's emotional masochism in a way. Part of it is fuel for my creativity (animosity breeds innovation) and part of it is because I want to overcome the challenges behaving in a self destructive way presents.

Yup, I'm fucked up.

No comments: