Saturday, January 20, 2007

Fifteen Blows To The Back Of Your Skull

Soundtrack: “No Surpises” by Radiohead

Among the many different projects I am working on is the resurrection of an old band. One of the songs we started working on but never really did anything with was a cool and laid back version of Radiohead's “Climbing Up The Walls”. I love that song, in fact it is probably my favorite Radiohead song. It's about a mental institution, but it really strikes a chord in my life. Yeah, I feel just a little insane, sure, but it's more of what Thom Yorke sings in the chorus:
And either way you turn
I'll be there
Open up your skull
I'll be there
Climbing up the walls

I am not sure why those four little lines mean so much, but they do. And once I figure it out I'll let you all know. But that might be a while.

In the meantime, enjoy an amazing live performance of the song from the Glastonbury Festival 2003.

1 comment:

HT said...

To further the coolness that is me and all of my surroundings...some friends had that song as their first dance together at the reception after their wedding.

Yep. Sigh. If only "that guy" knew the soundtrack I had in store for that day should it come...

Damn romantics.




With exquisite music taste.