Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Public Warning

Soundtrack: “Love Me Or Hate Me” by Lady Sovereign


It was the first day of classes today and I almost started off on the right foot. Almost. First off, I slept through my alarm this morning and missed my first class. Then I figured out I registered for the wrong English class... after I went to the class. So I need to work on those two things and I'll be back in the swing of things. Cake.

One of my classes is Web Design I. It is sure to be a fun class despite the fact my teacher doesn't really know the software. Yes, you read right. He will be learning alongside the class. He's a cool guy, too, which means I get to do whatever the hell I want. Booyah. I think I am going to take the opportunity to make it an independent study type situation. I already know the ins and outs of CSS, I know HTML like the back of my hand, so why not learn something I don't know? I know that Flash is going to be covered, and I'm fine with that, but I want to learn something other than just Flash. Quite a few somethings.

One of these somethings is databases. Especially SQL and the like. I have come to a point in my web design career that is one of those brick wall points. I can see over the wall, and I know that there is a way over. But I have not yet acquired the information necessary to get over the wall, and that is where this class comes in. So I am naturally excited. Once I am up over that wall it is all over, bitches.

Another thing I have discovered is that the class I have on Mondays and Wednesdays is two blocks from my house. I live off of Bruce Randolph and Humboldt and the classroom is on Martin Luther King and Humboldt. The only thing that would make it better is if I did not have to work on Monday and Wednesday mornings. Or if the class was on the Auraria campus, because I would not have to trek all the way down to the Tivoli on campus and then trek all the way back “home”... before heading to my internship on 14th and Ogden. Too bad I don't have a car. Oh well.

1 comment:

Saint Facetious said...

I've got some SQL books you can borrow. They're great fun.