Sunday, February 04, 2007

Almost There... Almost There...

Soundtrack: “Disquiet” by Stavesacre

I am pretty sure everything is going to be OK. Even though more bad shit happened to me in the first month of 2007 than the first six months of 2006.

But I think things are going to be OK. I don't know that for certain, but I'm taking that leap of faith and putting hope in this year. It's all taken shape so fast, without warning. I don't think everything that has happened in the last week has had a chance to completely sink it yet, but it will. And one thing is certain, and that thing is my career in graphic design.

It's funny in an odd way how things never quite happen how I imagine they will be. I was approached by some friends of mine I know from my favorite coffee shop haunt. They wanted me to be involved in a design venture they were cooking up. I said yes, but I didn't really take it seriously. They were persistent, though, and this past week deals were struck and contracts were put into place and now I have a job with an up and coming multimedia and design firm doing web design for a client who is willing to spend ridiculous amounts of money. I like that idea. And as I said before, it hasn't quite sunk in yet.

Especially after I get my first paycheck.

More on that at 10.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dang, I should have locked up that single malt deal on any great job!

I ran into Trevor on the way back from the birthday celebration and he sounded as blown away as you!