Thursday, March 30, 2006

Today was not a good day. Last night I got a whopping three and a half hours of sleep, and let me tell you, that's more fun than getting hit in the mouth by a bag of rocks. Well, it is, but not much more so. Anyway. So I wake up this morning, not feeling like doing ANYTHING at all because I'm still a little under the weather, but I wearily eat some oatmeal, drag myself into the shower, and then head off for class.

And it was there, in class, that I discovered that I could not think straight. Not only could I not form coherent thoughts, I found that all of my creativity had been drained by my lack of sleep. I guess it had to catch up with me eventually. Apparently my prof thought it would be a grand idea to let me flounder by myself with no direction, because that's what happened. Thankfully, Goizane came to my rescue with a great brainstorming session. Thank God for that girl, she's so precious! And so revitalized, I returned to the drawing board and came up with some great ideas. Yay.

There's something you gotta know about design: it takes a little bit of finesse and a lot of style, as my cousin Zachary is so fond of saying. And when you have neither, you just have to keep going at it until one or the other shows up. And sometimes that requires making sacrifices. I had to do that today. I swallowed my pride today while working on a logo design. I don't like what I ended up with, but I still went for it. I haven't decided if I want to keep what I did with said logo design, but I think it was something that needed to be done. We'll see what comes of it.

No comments: