Saturday, September 09, 2006

Jet Ski Lessons
Soundtrack: "Recado Bossa Nova" by Hank Mobley

It's been a rough week for me. Monday didn't start out too bad. Since it was Labor Day I had the day off from classes, so I hung out with Kyle for most of the day. We did some design work and shot some photos. Afterwards we headed over to Joe's for Genesis. While I was over there I had my laptop set up on a stool with the power adapter running across the width of the room to the wall. Dawson, Joe's dog, is the most neurotic creature on earth and he likes to freak out and run around all the time. And, well, he ran straight through the power cord, yanking it forcibly out of my laptop. The end was all bent, so Joe and I tried to fix it. Alas, we only made things worse. Anyway, that was the end of my power adapter, and I've been without one the whole week. Since my PowerBook only has 3-4 hours of battery life, I had to transfer some important design files and shut it down until I can recharge the battery. So I've been using my PC for doing design projects, and that's rough. Stupid windows.

On top of that, I got sick on Tuesday and it got worse on Wednesday. Turns out to be Bronchitis. Wonderful. So I've been drinking tons of liquids, especially orange juice, and taking it easy. I really shouldn't be awake right now, but the insomnia isn't letting me sleep and so here I am. Of course, I'll live. And I keep telling myself I don't have it that bad, especially since there are starving children in Africa.

One of my favorite shows on television is Whose Line Is It Anyway? You can tell the guys have so much fun doing the show, especially when they have a guest appearance by someone like Richard Simmons. In fact, that episode is still my favorite, I couldn't breathe by halfway into it. And look, I just happen to have it for your enjoyment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was friggin hilarious!