Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Victory Through The Cunning Use Of Flags
Soundtrack: "Wherever I May Roam" by Metallica

I stalk through the no man's land
Gingerly avoiding the spidery mines
They blindly float through this tortured atmosphere
Feeling out the helpless victims with spindly arms

Run and leap
From cloud to cloud
Hold on tight
To your banner
Once you reach
Your intention
Plant it deep

This burden hangs heavy on my heart
I gingerly avoid all responsibilities
But they blindly follow me anyway
Feeling me out with their darkened tendrils

This world is bearing down on me
This world is bearing down on me
This world makes it hard to see
But I will not let this world break me

I can see
The battlefield
Holding tight
To my banner
I will reach
My destination
And plant it deep

No comments: