Friday, September 22, 2006

Telling The Untold Stories
Soundtrack: "Fixation On The Darkness" by Killswitch Engage

Breath

Little girls grow up
And break their fathers' hearts

Little boys become armchair gladiators
Follow the American dream
But I stand alone
And let the rain soak in
While office flunkies run
Holding soaked newspapers over their heads

I sleep on the pavement
Of this city I call my own
I take with me nothing
But these things I hold inside
My skin is stone
But my soul, it transforms
Soon I will be light
To stand out against consuming black

These little lies we hold
These severed truths we hide
I am standing outside the fray
Where will you be when this ends?
And I still stand alone
And let this light soak in
While the weekend warriors run
To try to escape the fire

Just breathe

Just believe.

No comments: