Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Blah.

Soundtrack: “We Do Not F*ck Around” by Viva Voce

Inspiration has been very dry lately. It's because of the war in my mind, although things have settled down. But last week was pretty bad. Especially the weekend. I don't want to go into things, because I am still pretty fucked up over it, but I came to some conclusions that rocked my little world. They are conclusions that I am not certain art true, conclusions that I don't know if I believe, but things have been hard.

So here's a poem that should sum things up nicely. Please don't take it literally because this kind of thing just does not work that way.

Vida
Mother, your boy is losing faith in eternity
And father, your son is son is at the end of his rope
Lover, your beloved searches concrete jungles for you
Please brother, I'm not sure how much more you can take

The center of the universe is deep within my heart
But my heart is black without the sun
I need someone to light the path that lies beneath my feet
Because it's hard to see in the dark

Mother, please try to let your little one go
And father, your son is all grown up now
Lover, be kind to the one who is young at heart
And brother, always be good to your friends

Because they need you now, even more than you might ever know
Their hearts are quiet and dark
There's an empty house behind those eyes that beg to be filled
With love taken straight from the sun

No comments: