Monday, July 10, 2006

Fußball!
Soundtrack: Good News for People Who Love Bad News by Modest Mouse

So the World Cup has been decided, and Italy came out on top. It helped that Zizou was acting like a total ass and got himself thrown out of the game for headbutting Marco Materazzi. Even though they were responsible for eliminating Germany (a game which almost made me cry... not really), I'm glad it wasn't the French who won. A bunch of pansy prima donnas, except for Ziziou, who is an asshole prima donna.

All of this football (soccer is such a pansy term) mayhem has me jonesing to start playing the game again. And let me tell ya, I need to. Mind you, I'm not obese or anything, but when I was a kid my mom used to buy me husky jeans. I suppose you could say I'm slightly beefy. Anyway. With the amount of beer I drink and the nature of my main form of income right now (sitting in front of a computer all day designing crap), I really need to get out more. I've started riding my bike places, and I want to start rafting again. And maybe I'll get back into rock climbing... probably not right away, it's an expensive hobby.

AFI is playing the Fillmore tomorrow night. I'm so stinkin' excited because I haven't seen them in almost five years. It's gonna be awesome.

No comments: