Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Someone Needs To Go To Their Room
Soundtrack: “Numbered Days” by Killswitch Engage

So, Korea fired a couple of rockets and now the international community is shitting their pants. And all I can think is, "Well, duh."

Seriously, I've been concerned about North Korea since High School. I don't want to sound mean or self-righteous, but the truth is that most people in the United States are completely ignorant and oblivious to what is going on around them. That's what happens you get your news from Fox News or CNN... you don't get the whole story. That's why George W. Bush is a failure as a president. He didn't get the whole story. And that is why I am scared to death right now, just like everyone else in the international community. Because my government fucked up beyond all belief. And yes, it did fuck up. We had a chance to stop this and we didn't.

It's not a hopeless situation, though. Seven governments including the United States, North Korea, South Korea, Japan, Russia, and China are in talks right now. And there's hope that a resolution will be made that will be fit for all sides.

I guess I'm just a little angry right now. We've been in Iraq for what seem like forever with no end in sight. We are losing credibility across the globe, and our government doesn't seem to care about shit that they really need to be caring about. Such as the oil crisis and the environment. Instead, George fucking Bush goes off on some damn fool crusade to save the world from Saddam Hussien and manages to get Al Quaeda even more pissed off at us.

Great.

I don't hate the president, though. I think he's made many bad decisions, but I don't hate him. I pray for him every night. I pray long and hard that he would listen to his people and follow the will of God, not his own will which he apparently thinks is divine. And I think it might get better. Because I have faith and I have hope, and that can move mountains.

Today's soundtrack isn't a coincindence, either. It's a song about our numbered days here on earth. "Nations will rise and nations will fall..."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a theory that this is what George DubYah is doing about the oil crisis...this is a very interesting article, I suggest you don't just skim it. :/

Anonymous said...

Um, er, yeah...this is a very interesting article.