Friday, June 09, 2006

I Love You People, Really, I Do...
Soundtrack: "Only You" by Portishead

Let's be honest with each other here... I haven't always been faithful when it comes to delivering the poems. I know, I know... but it's hard sometimes. I don't always have inspiration, and sometimes I think what I've written is crap. But good people, I am not giving up. And I have a nice juicy poem for you today... so enjoy.

I was very excited about seeing Vaux, who played a show at the Marquis Theatre last night. But somewhere along the way yesterday that excitement imploded. I think most of it had to do with that fact that I didn't want to go to a show by myself. I'm not a social butterfly, but I do enjoy going out with good friends and having good times. I'm sure I would have enjoyed myself, too, and I am kicking myself for missing a great show. I think another part of it was that I was going to hang out with her last night... I hate the fact that I always allow my emotions to render me a totally unfunctioning idiot. I'm still working on that.

I recently decided that I wanted to get my old band going again. At the moment I'm playing guitar in Fair•Well, and it's fun, but it's not 100% exactly what I want to do. Yesterday I met with a candidate for lead singer, we exchanged some ideas and whatnot and it seems like this crazy idea of mine might become a reality. Which is awesome in so many ways. This guy has plenty of experience, he's got a great voice, and he is really into the project, so things are looking up. Now if I could only find a graphic design industry-related job or internship. Blah.

Untitled
I'm soaring on wax wings
And I'm showing off my crooked halo
I've got a grudge to settle with my bitter heart
I can't read the book but I can play the part
And it's occurred to me that I should
Probably set this baggage down
So it's easier for me to get up off the ground

No comments: