Thursday, June 15, 2006

Rosebud...
Soundtrack: "Over Now" by Alice In Chains

A few days ago the power adapter for my lovely PowerBook G4 started getting a little tweaky, which was somewhat of a nuisance but not overly worrisome. And then today, bang, it just decided to quit. So I ventured forth to the Apple Store, where I learned, among other things, that wrapping your cord too tight is bad. Now I know.

Elsewhere in the world, World Cup fever has gripped Soccer fans from Trinidad and Tobago to Iran. Earlier today England trounced Trinidad 2-0 and Sweden edged out Paraguay 1-0. And in case you were wondering, our very own U.S. National team were ripped up by the Czech Republic. It was a little painful. Our boys are still confident, though. That's all we can do, is keep our heads up and play as hard as we can. We play Italy on Saturday, and supposedly they aren't too bad this year. I'm sure we won't make it all the way to the finals, but I have high hopes for the German national team this year. We'll just have to see, won't we?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

>_< The fact you're talking about an American soccer team as if they have any right to compete in the world cup (or indeed, any right to feel anything but awe they were included) is kinda nauseating. Americans don't care enough to deserve anything but getting 0wned by ... basically the whole world.

Anonymous said...

England didn't "trounce" T&T. Given the caliber of a team England is, it's more appropriate to say they struggled to get those two points.

Toph© said...

I hadn't seen the England game, but someone told me that Trinidad and Tobago had been torn up pretty bad. So I blame them.