Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Responsibility... What's That?
Soundtrack: "Brush Away" by Alice In Chains

First of all, I'd like to announce that I'm totally done with dating. Seriously. It's not worth the stress.

That's not to say that I won't ever go on a date ever again, I'm just done with the stupid dating game bullshit. There are better ways to fall in love.

OK kids, let's talk about responsibilty. Being a responsible person is not easy, and taking responsibilty for your actions is just as difficult. Some people might tell you it's easy, and they might make it look easy, but trust me on this one... it's not. If it was easy, we wouldn't have so many people tied up our civil courts, trying to squeeze money out of whoever it is they blame for whatever stupid thing they did. I've been thinking about responsibility quite a bit lately. I think much of it has to do with my realization that for a long time I was unwilling to take responsibility for myself. It's easier to get angry and try to put the blame on "circumstances beyond my control". But it's sloppy and it's lazy and I know I can do better than that. So I am doing something better... but it can be painful. The act of killing my darlings, so to speak, is like cauterizing a wound or, even worse, amputating something that isn't functioning anymore. That kind of pain is hard to deal with. I'm dealing, though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Didja get my e-mail?