Sunday, June 25, 2006

Those Wedges Are Cute
Soundtrack: “Kill My Darlings” by Stavesacre

I'm back in the game, people. Yesterday I worked a stagehand call at the Avon Breast Cancer Walk, and it felt great. Even though I'm pretty out of shape right now, I kicked ass and we got everything up in an hour and a half and back down in under an hour. I think I'm going to enjoy the rest of summer, especially if I can get some good calls under my belt. I felt great this morning, too. I didn't oversleep, I felt energetic, and I was happy. Yay.

I've applied to the Apple Store in the Cherry Creek Mall and hopefully I can get an interview. Even though I hate retail I think I might like it if I got a job there. I'd be busy all the time, but if I was able to get a job doing the Genius Bar I would love it. So we'll see how that goes.

I've also been re-evaluating goals and what I want to do once I get my Associate's squared away. I'm not sure I want to stay in Denver at this point. Colorado is always going to be home to me, but there's a lot of appeal in going elsewhere and seeing what the rest of this big world is like. I've been looking at art schools in California, the Seattle area, and on the East Coast as well as schools in Italy, Germany, Australia and England. There are many options and I am excited. No, not excited, giddy. Giddy as a schoolboy. Even though I've already been to Germany, I fell in love with it so much that I would totally go back and live there for a while. The only problem is their unemployment rate, which is around 10% at the moment. England, however, is much better off, as is Australia. Of course, quality of education is the number one thing for me, so I'm aiming high. We'll see how it goes.

Speaking of Australia, Nicole Kidman married country superstar Keith Urban today. It's good she got rid of that creepyTom Cruise and went with someone from her neck of the woods. Good ol' Keith isn't going to make her do some of the crazy stuff that Tom's made Katie do. Hopefully she wises up soon and dumps him. Katie is meant for me, me I tell you!

No comments: