Friday, June 02, 2006

Throat Pygmies?!
Soundtrack: "The Aeroplane Flies High" by The Smashing Pumpkins

I would be in Durango right now, seeing old freinds and reminding myself of why I left in the first place, but the throat pygmies came back. The little rascals visited me in the night, building their bonfires and revelling in their black-magic voodoo ceremonies until I was finally able to drown the little buggers once again with orange juice and green tea as well as one of my mother's favorite home remedies, gargling with salt water. It does wonders, I tell you. Their chanting and tomfoolery must have been aimed at my stomach, because for a while there the wonderful German food I had yesterday wanted to leave my stomach through the wrong end. So I've been taking it easy today, silently cursing my immune system for falling asleep on the job. I wish I could fire it and get a new one. These late spring illnesses that I seem to get every year are not fun. Maybe I need to drink more beer.

Speaking of beer, and German food, Jen and I had dinner last night at the wonderful Cafe Berlin. It's not cheap, but it is good. I had the Schweinekoteletts mit Äpfeln and it was delicious. Jen ordered the Rouladen and that was pretty good, but the best thing was the 1/2 litre of Warsteiner Pils I enjoyed along with my meal. Oh, and the 1/3 litre of Weihenstephan Dunkelweizen. Jen was drinking some really good Riesling that I dropped a piece of pork chop into. I don't reccomend doing that.

No comments: