Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Memories Are Like Our Favorite Old Movies
Soundtrack: "Fitter, Happier" by Radiohead

It's been a wild week so far. Things keep popping up that are making it very easy for me to continue chasing after my wild dream of never having another job ever again. It's appealing, to say the least. I've thought about writing professionally. I seem to have a knack for it, so why not get paid? I might not be able to write as many stupid "emo" poems, but that's probably a good thing. Speaking of "emo" poems, here's another one.

Untitled 11
Her memory is tearing my world apart
But I dont' want to put it back together
The one thing I want most in this world
Is to wrap my arms around her
These chains that bind my sould
Aren't getting any lighter
But the only thing I can do is try to
Shrug them off so I can run after yesterday

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*le sigh* Poor Toph. When you gonna come see us?

Toph© said...

Hopefully soon. I'm gonna be rolling through Durango this weekend, so that should be somewhat fun. As long as I don't run into certain people.