Sunday, May 07, 2006

"Those Motha F*ckers Done Sold Us Out, Like Judas Did To Jesus"
Soundtrack: "F*ck The MPAA" by Futuristic Sex Robotz

I think you all know that I am pretty vocal about censorship and copy protection. I like to think I was one of the first people to raise the alarm when it came to Sony Music's copy protection software debacle, and I've always thought that RIAA is a brood of vipers. Anyway, I'm subscribed to a pretty cool podcast called Seattle And Beyond that is all about great independent bands in the Pacific Northwest, and last week they featured a hilarious group called the Futuristic Sex Robotz, who claim to be the first gangsta nerd Rap group (although I think MC Chris was actually the first gansta nerd rapper). They have a fun little song called "F*ck The MPAA" that is all about how evil RIAA and the MPAA are. You can download their entire album on their website, obviously it's riddle with all sorts of fun curse words so if that kind of thing offends you, you might want to just skip it. They also have a song about Snakes On A Plane. It's the coolest, especially since it has a dope Jennifer Connelly reference.

No comments: