Friday, May 19, 2006

Things To Do In Denver...
Soundtrack: Live at High Wycomb 2-20-1980 by Joy Division

Here are some things I discovered yesterday:
1. Watercourse is awesome. Not particularly cheap, but awesome nonetheless. I have decided that I need to go back and try one of everything on their menu.
2. I'm actually pretty good at this Graphic Design thing.
3. The progressively drunker a crowd at a karaoke bar gets, the progressively worse the singing gets, as well as the selections. Of course, most everyone else is drunk enough to not care, but even when I've had a few drinks I find that I am an enormous music snob.
4. The airspeed velocities of unladen African and European swallows are proportional to the amount of bad movies that John Cleese has been in. Just trust me on this.

I'm really considering not getting a "real job". If I can continue to build my client base at the rate I've been going, within a year I don't think I'll have to. This client building has been going at an exponential rate, which is cool to see. Assuming that these clients will give me referrals, it will continue to build exponentially. And that's a good thing.

I've been a fan of 40's and 50's pinup art for quite some time now, and while browsing around yesterday someone brought my attention to these: George Petty's Ridgid Tools Calendars. Not quite as good as Vargas' or Elvgren's work, but still fun.

No comments: