Thursday, May 18, 2006

More Sweet Than Bitter?
Soundtrack: "Behind Me Lies Another Fallen Soldier" by As I Lay Dying

I've been lax with the poetry the last couple days, and I apologize for that. Here's my latest offering, it came to me tonight after watching Memoir Of A Geisha. Life, in it's most simple terms, is a series of bittersweet moments. But these moments are all that we have... and we should relish each of them.

I should probably just post the poem before I start sounding like a Japanese Anime from the 90's.

These Bitter Herbs
Will you drink this cup
It's bitterness is sweet to the taste
These moments float like petals upon water
Will you take these steps?

Once again I walk away
My bitterness is sweet on my lips
I must relax this hardened fist
Will you walk with me?

No comments: