Sunday, May 14, 2006

Full House, Baby...
Soundtrack: "You Made It Look So Easy" by Stavesacre

Oh boy, let me tell you how fun it is to babysit a room full of drunk poker players.

It's about as fun as sticking your tongue into an electrical socket.

Seriously. You should try it. Honestly, though, other than some drunken tempers, our inaugural poker night went pretty well. Rich took the pot tonight, it was down to him and Justin and he finally forced the J-man to go all-in in the last game. Other highlights included my brother going all in on the first bet of the first hand. He lost it all, of course.

Next week we're going to make sure that there are some predetermined rules laid down as far as how the tournament goes. Hopefully it'll prevent the drama that was seen tonight.

No poem because I have had no time to think straight since about noon yesterday. Don't worry, though, I'll live. Instead, please enjoy a nice little song I've been working on. It's not done yet, it still needs another verse and possibly a bridge or something, but it's a start.

Rio de las Animas Perdidas
This bitter temperature chills my bones tonight
But I just can't seem to find the will to fight.
I don't want to lose hope
And I don't want to lose face
This bitter temperature
This feeble race

There's a longing in my heart
For the deep, refreshing river
I seek the road of light and
Those who walk upon it

My heart is on my sleeve
But you won't find it
I race against dead souls
And I can't fight it
This river's deep and black
It feels like midnight
I yearn for peace and release

No comments: