Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Motivation
Soundtrack: "Bullet With Butterfly Wings" by The Smashing Pumpkins

Please, someone give me a job. I don't want to sit here anymore.

Hoplite
He breathes deeply and walks through the door
He's been standing there forever
He doesn't want to fight this war
He's been fighting it forever
Bayonet lowered he charges forward
Shards transforming never
Flags flying low and banners flow
Diving deep into the nether

I'm hiding my heart in plain view
I'm raising my fist but not for you
I'm all alone but not the only one
I'm crawling towards the sun

He's told "keep waiting, you'll get yours soon"
He's been waiting here forever
He doesn't want to wait anymore
He doesn't want to surrender
He picks up his sword and leads the charge
Pounding forward toward forever
Explosions rock his unsteady world
Diving deep into the nether

My heart is just the same
My head is lowered in shame
I'm not alone but I'm the only one
I'm crawling towards the sun

No comments: