Friday, May 12, 2006

Nothin' Like The Smell Of Fresh Sewage In The Morning!
Soundtrack: "Kids With Guns" by Gorillaz

Let me say for the record that if I never have to deal with plumbing ever again, it won't be soon enough. We've been having some plumbing problems here at the ol' casa, and today the plumbers came out to have a look-see and try to fix it.

It turns out that our first problem was that the grease trap was all screwed up. I live in one of those marvelous older houses that have ancient and quirky plumbing, which is always fun. Not only that, but the sewer line out to the main line in the alley is all shot to hell, and that's going to cost our landlord $5,000 to fix. It wasn't really what he wanted to hear on a Friday.

But we got it all fixed up, so all is right with the world, at least for a little while. I'm hosting a BBQ tonight, should be loads of fun. I'm still running around like a crazy man, but less so than earlier today.

Today's poem is about my mother. I thought it was fitting, seeing as how Mother's Day is on Sunday.

Sunshine
You know me better than I know myself
The letters come from far off
But not so far away
There's much more to them than the paper and the ink
Warmth that spreads like the morning light

The postcard came
It's like clockwork now
It's only been a week
Since the last one arrived.

No comments: