Friday, April 28, 2006

Fun With Formatting!
Soundtrack: "Ever And A Day" by AFI

The fun thing about blogs is being able to play around with web design and make things look cool and whatnot. I thought I'd try something new with the formatting and whatnot, hopefully it's something I can keep around.

So last night was nuts. Definintely one of the coolest things I've ever witnessed, that's for sure. I was already in a good mood since my classes were actually fun yesterday. Let's recap the day real quick: in Typography and Layout we got to listen to jazz the entire three hours of class, even though there is a no "electronic devices" are allowed in the class rule. So no CD players, no iPods, no headphones... it's a rough class. I didn't have to go to my Spanish class today, I was feeling very perky and all-around happy by the time Illustrator class rolled around, which is a very rare thing. And Illustrator was smooth as a baby's butt. Usually I have a headache by the time that class is done, but it was a work day so I just tuned everything out and chatted with Kyle about design and so forth. It was good times.

I could have gone home happy and maybe played some video games, or headed to Leela and talked with the happy hippys. But Jen invited me to a cool little art/music/film festival that was going on at five different places in the old warehouse part of town. Larimer Lounge has Boddingtons on tap, so I enjoyed a couple of those, and we listened to some cool bands (and one not so cool band) and watched Jen's friend Rich get ridiculously drunk. Good times. The best part had to be the last band, Out On Bail. They rocked the joint with tons of honky tonk flavored rock, and at one point they had the Eye Candy Magazine girls on stage. All hell broke loose after that, as a feral pack of wild zebra-tiger-horse people covered from head to toe in day-glo orange body paint joined them onstage. And my parents wonder why I listen to this kind of music...

No comments: