Saturday, April 29, 2006

They Aren't Called Massive Attack For Nothing...
Soundtrack: A Place Called Home by Ignite

Last night was the concert spectacle of the year for me. Massive Attack played the Fillmore here in Denver, and it was amazing. Definitely in my Top Five Concert Experiences ever. They had their whole cadre there, too... Elizabeth Fraser, Horace Andy, and the soulful Shara Nelson. The performance was amazing. Very tight and very clean. I think the only other band I've heard that sounds as tight live as they do on a studio album is Tool, although Mastodon is up there as well. "Inertia Creeps" was amazing, "Teardrop" and "Angel" were emotionally moving, and their set flowed so well. Definitely worth the ticket price.

Tonight was a different vibe. I spent a few hours at the Global Night Commute, which is a worldwide event that is designed to raise awareness and give a voice to the Invisible Children. I wasn't able to stay overnight (too many damn class projects), but I took part in the art project and the letter writing, and that was the most important thing to me. There was a really great turn out, and I hope that it is as successful as it deserves to be. Jen was there as well, and I ran into my friend Sarah from Scum. Good times.

I'd love to expound some more, but schoolwork calls. *grumble*

No comments: