Monday, April 24, 2006

Soundtrack: "This Is England" by The Clash

Those who know me well know that I am impulsive, sometimes to a fault. In high school my name was synonymous with doing dumb stuff. "Dude, that was dumb... you're pulling a Chris Short!" Thankfully most of the impulsive things I have done recently have turned out well, such as getting my ears pierced, dying my hair and subsequently shearing it all off, etc. But the other day I made a bet that I may end up regretting.

I may have to buy two of my friends each a $475 glass of some of the best, and rarest, single malt Scotch Whiskey in the world.

Here's the deal. When Joe and Kyle and I were hanging out the other day, we were talking about the Advertising Director job I'm up for (and things are looking very promising, y the way). We were also looking at the Scotch menu at Pint's Pub and discussing that I'd be able to afford the most expensive whiskey on the menu, which is the above mentioned $475 dollar-a-glass variety. And Joe, almost jokingly, said "Hey, I'd be willing to pay for Toph's meal if he gets this job and buys me a glass of that Scotch". And of course Kyle had to get in it, and of course, me being the impulsive idiot I am, I said "OK!" And now it's looking like I'm going to get this job. I'd buy myself a glass, of course, so that's looking like my first paycheck right there. Oh boy.

But I look at it like this: we'll be drinking for Jesus. See, if I get the job, that means that I definitely have to give my props the the big man upstairs for looking out for me. Which means celebration and jubilee and horns and harps and lyres and whatnot. And $475 glasses of Scotch Whiskey. Which makes me wonder... will that fit into my monthly tithe?!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I'm a just giddy right now jumping around like a child and giggling at the thought of this becoming a reality!

Toph© said...

Yeah, well, it's looking pretty good, too. I'm a little giddy myself.

Anonymous said...

OMG that is the most ridiculously funny thing I've read today, and it's already 12:46 pm! "drinking for Jesus" *rotflmao* I wonder if he'd approve...

Toph© said...

I like to think he would! After all, who was it that turned water into wine at a wedding?

Anonymous said...

I don't see the connection between Scotch and Jesus... unless you buy that glass for a saint.